Sunday, July 13, 2014

September and October Throwback

Almost done showing ya'll the throwback calendars.   In some of the months, there isn't any major change and other months, the difference is obvious.

I love the fall colors you could use for September and, oh how I love the colors for Halloween.

Calendar made in 2011 on left and calendar made in 2014 on right.

September:


2011 has a ribbon border and 2014 has a glitter tape border.  2011 has cascading leaves with pearls and 2014 has leaves with bling swirls.  I used the same paper on each year.  Neither month has a stamped/colored image.  My one word for 2011 and 2014 is FLOWY.

October:



Minimal bling, large embellies and straight edges with a border (2011 border punch and 2014 ribbon border) connect these two together.  In 20111 the traditional orange, green, purple palette was used, while in 2014, more muted colors were used.  I added the close up of the embellie for the 2014 because the first pic is kind of dark.  My one word for 2011 is TRADITIONAL and my one word for 2014 is GOTHIC.

I can't believe I am just about done with my calendars for the holidays.  {Patting myself on the back, if I can reach!}.  I planned and gave myself a deadline for this project.  I'm not really a procrastinator but I like to know that it has to be done before a certain time.

Next post will bring the Throwback calendars to a close. 

Hope you have a creative day!
Mel

September materials used:
White cardstock - unknown
Labels 25 Nesties - Spellbinder
Cinnamon Stickles - Ranger
Brown Sugar and Sunflower Glitter tape - American Crafts
Brown Swirls - Want 2 Scrap
Leaves - Bazzill
Chocolate Distressing Ink, Colonial White/Barn Red/Sunset/Chocolate cardstock, Olivia paper - CTMH
D1310 September Word Puzzle, D1312 November Word Puzzle, D1311 October Word Puzzle - CTMH

October materials used:
White cardstock - unknown
Labels 8 Nesties - Spellbinders
Black Diamond and Yellow Stickles - Ranger
Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink Stickles - Ranger
Pumice Stone Distress Ink - Ranger
Damask Glitter tape - Paper Studio
Black cardstock, Midnight Felt Shapes and Mischief paper - CTMH
D1311 October Word Puzzle - CTMH
Black Rhinestones - Want 2 Scrap
Glue Dots - 3M




No comments: