Monday, July 14, 2014

November and December Throwback

Ahh, the end of the year months for my Throwback calendars.  This will complete seven of my nine sets of calendars to make.  Each month on each calendar has two pages per month.  So far, I have made 168 6x6 pages!  The more amazing thing - I've used up some of my old stash!  Whoooo whooo!

Calendar made in 2011 on left and calendar made in 2014 on right.

November:



Both calendars have a straight edge and 2014 has a ribbon border.  Both are blinged (minimally) with pearls.  2011 has three stamped/colored embellies while 2014 has one stamped embellie and one large leaf.  I think the 2011 is just too busy.  My one word for 2011 is JAM-PACKED and for 2014, LESS.

December:


These both have a straight edge with a border - 2011 has a sticker and 2014 has ribbon. 2011 has stickers and stamped images with bling and 2014 has stamped image and pearl embellies.  I think the biggest difference is theme.  2011 is non-religious themed while 2014 is more religious related because of the Nativity stamp.   My one word for 2011 is BRIGHT and for 2014 is CLASSIC.

This has been a revealing experience to see how my tastes and abilities have evolved in three years.   Who knows, I may even try this next year with 2014 calendars.  I never know what I want to do until I catch the idea.

Tomorrow I will show you the "Simple" calendars I have made.  Yes, my last set!!! 

Have a creative day!
Mel

November materials used:
White cardstock and fall leaves - unknown
Reverse Wonky Rectangles Nesties - Spellbinders
Felicity paper, Autumn Terracotta and Desert Sand cardstock, Chocolate Distressing Ink - CTMH
Cinnamon Stickles - Ranger
Bliss Bohemia Twill Ribbon - My Mind's Eye
D1312 November Word Puzzle - CTMH
Sage Green pearls - Want2Scrap
Glue Dots - 3M
Thankful stamp set - Hero Arts for Basic Grey

December materials used:
White cardstock - unknown
Labels 4 Nesties - Spellbinders
Mistletoe paper, Cranberry and Desert Sand cardstock, New England Ivy/Season's Greetings Designer Ribbon, Mistletoe Assortments, Pearls, Chocolate and Black Distressing Inks - CTMH
Holly Stickles - Ranger
Pearl Brackets - Want2Scrap

No comments: