Friday, July 11, 2014

May and June Throwback

I think the one thing I've learned so far is that in 2011 everything was more, more, more.  I guess I hated having any white space.  Today, I am embracing white space more.  I like the paper to show more than it being jam-packed with embellies.

2011 calendar on the left and 2014 calendar on the right.

May:


 
 
 
Almost looks the same, doesn't it?  Both have the same paper, use of punches, and pearls.  2011 has torn paper edge and 2014 has straight edge with lace trim border.  Not much of a difference.  My one word for 2011 is CLUTTERED and for 2014 is CLEANER.
 
 
June:
 


For both of these, I tried to keep the embellishments at a minimum to make it more masculine for a Father's Day theme.  Both have straight edge paper with border, ribbon and antique brads.  Only real difference is that 2011 has smaller stamped images and 2014 has one large stamped image.  My one word for both calendars are SIMPLE.

Hope you are enjoying seeing my then and now work. 

Have a creative day!
Mel

Materials for May:
White cardstock - unknown
Reverse Wonky Rectangle Nesties - Spellbinders
Cinnamon Stickles - Ranger
Le Crème pearls - Want 2 Scrap
Glue Dots - 3M
D1287 May Word Puzzle and C1415 In the Month of May - CTMH
Lace - Recollections
Petite Petals Punch - SU!
Chocolate Distressing Ink, Desert Sand and Smoothie cardstock, Roxie paper - CTMH

Materials for June:
White cardstock - unknown
Large Labels Nesties - Spellbinders
Walnut Stain Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Ranger
Chocolate Distressing Ink, Desert Sand/Colonial White/New England Ivy cardstock, It's a Guy Thing paper, New England Ivory Ribbon - CTMH
Antique Brads - unknown
D1288 June Word Puzzle and C1416 In the Month of June - CTMH
Artistic Collage Tim Holtz Collection - Stamper's Anonymous





No comments: