Saturday, July 12, 2014

July and August Throwback


Up next for my Throwback series of calendars, are July and August.  These are two of my favorite months to make.  I really don't know why.  Maybe it's the colors or themes?

2011 made calendar on the left and 2014 made on the right. 

July:



 
 
 
Lots of similarities on this one - same paper, straight edge with rick rack border and stamped images as embellies.  Only comparable difference is that 2011 has lots of bling and 2014 has minimal bling.  My one word for 2011 is LOUD and for 2014 is MELLOW.
 
 
And here's August:
 


I really liked the 2011 version so I didn't change much.  I used the same paper, both have straight edges with a border, minimal bling, and a large image/embellie.  I forgot that I don't have Teacher Anya anymore.  I really wanted to use her on the 2014 calendar also, but I think the large fabric sticker works just as well.  My one word for both of these is CLEAN.

Next post is going to be for Sept and Oct. 

Have a creative day!
Mel

Materials used for July:
White cardstock - unknown
Labels 4 Nesties - Spellbinders
Christmas Red, True Blue Stickles - Ranger
White Daisy cardstock, Fanfare paper, Designer Rick Rack - CTMH
D1458 American Celebration, C1417 In the Month of July, D1289 July Word Puzzle - CTMH
Fired Brick, Faded Jeans Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Ranger
Clear Rhinestones - Want2Scrap
Glue Dots - 3M

Materials for August:
White cardstock - unknown
Curved Rectangles Nesties - Spellbinders
Aged Mahogany Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Ranger
Juniper/Black/Bamboo cardstock, Typeset paper, Typeset Compliments stickers, Black Distressing Ink - CTMH
Black Rhinestones - Want2Scrap
Glue Dots - 3M
C1418 In the Month of June, D1290 August Word Puzzle



No comments: