Monday, June 30, 2014

30 Days of Creativity - Days 26&27 - June 26&27 - Operation Write Home

A journey of daily creativity....

Now that I am finished the Place in Time calendars, I really wanted to do something else for my next project. 

I have been making and sending cards out (along with my ladies at ScrapbookPlace) to the troops for some years now.  I think about five years.  The first group that was sending cards overseas found it necessary to close.  So, I decided that we will start participating in Operation Write Home.  (For more info on OWH, click on the link.)  I've already sent in a box full of cards in May and time to send in another box. 

I decided to make some cards using scraps and odd pieces of paper.  I was able to make 30 cards for about .75 a card and used up a lot of scraps and odd pieces of paper.  Win, win, win!!!

Here are some of the cards I made.












It took me two days to finish the project, as I had a vampire appointment on Friday and was gone for half the day.  It was fun and love how they came out!  Plus, I was able to ship another 140 cards to Operation Write Home for the troops!  It's worth it!!!

I hope this gives you some inspiration to get those scraps out and use them up for a great cause!

Hope you have a creative day!
Mel

Materials used for cards:
Mauve, Celery, Navy Blue cardstock - Bazzill
Pink cardstock - DCWV
Green, light blue, gray, ivory cardstock - unknown
Red/White dot Washi Tape - SU!
Stamped images, sequins, buttons, patterned paper - unknown
Flourish rubons - Oriental Trading
Lace tape - Recollections
Flowers - Prima
Glue Dots - 3M
Glossy Accents - Ranger
Scallop edge punch - EK Success
1 1/2" Circle punch - CTMH
Stardust Glitz - CTMH
Walnut Stain, Vintage Photo, Chipped Sapphire Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Ranger
D1283 Say It in Style, C1350 Dainty Thoughts - CTMH
Butterfly punch - Martha Stewart
Card punch - We R Memory Keepers
Roeland Cape Town paper - Scenic Route
Top Note Bigz - SU!
Kraft, Crème cardstock - Paper Studio
Artistic Collages Tim Holtz Collection - Stampers Anonymous
Candy Stripe, Blueberry Sew Easy Floss - We R Memory Keepers

No comments: