Wednesday, June 25, 2014

30 Days of Creativity - Day 24 and 25 - June 24 - 25: Cleaning up, organizing, getting painty!

A continuing journey of daily creativity....

Now that I'm starting to feel better, I've organized a little, cleaned up a little and painted a little.

I worked on organizing my embossing folders.  I have them in plastic sleeves that fit in a three-ring binder.  I have two binders.  I kind of know what I have in the binders but in a crunch, I have to go thru the whole binder to find what I need.  I had an idea to make a little index of the embossing folders, their name and location.  So what I've done was to emboss these little tags then on the back, write the name, location, etc.  Then, those little tags went into trading card pages and those pages into my book. 

You ask what book?  I have a book (binder) that has my Copic color charts, Distress Ink swatch page, etc.  It has scanned copies of all my stamp sets with names and manufacturer.  That way, when I need a stamp set or looking for something particular, I take out my binder and can look to see what I have instead of going thru each stamp set.  It works well for me.

Wanna see some pics?

Here are the embossing folder pages:




Here are the pics from some of the other things in my book.





Where's the painting you ask?  I painted with my 3 year old nephew today while he was here.  That was such a mess!  He was covered with paint and thank goodness water and a little soap cleaned him right up!

All right, now I'm up to date once again!  This evening I will be cutting and gathering materials to make some Operation Write Home cards.  Hoping to have a shipment going out tomorrow. 

Hope you have a creative day!
Mel

No comments: