Monday, November 25, 2013

So grateful


Grateful:  adjective :warmly or deeply appreciative of kindness or benefits received; thankful: I am grateful to you for your help. (as defined by dictionary.com)

I am grateful for many things: my husband that is always there to comfort me, my dog that always puts a smile on my face, my parents for helping us out when I was at my lowest point, my siblings for always being there, my niece and nephews for making me feel loved, my online friends that let me vent and are concerned for me, and my creativity for giving me a stress relief outlet.  There are many more things I am grateful for but I won't bore you with them!

This is a card I made for a swap.  Although I love vintage, my cards lately have been clean with layers.  I love the look of embellies like rhinestones, pearls, brads, etc that look like they have been placed at random.  When I try and do it, it looks too "placed."  I wanted that look for this card because it really needed just a little something.  I actually drew dots then had to look at the card to see if it looked random enough.  Then I either erased or changed the dots to what I wanted and viola!  I liked it so I copied the same randomness on every card.  Kind of an oxymoron right?

The wheat image is stamped with three different color inks.  Don't know if it comes thru on the picture or not. 

Materials used:  Harvest Linen paper by Bo Bunny; Frayed Burlap, Gathered Twigs, Bundled Sage Tim Holtz Distress Ink by Ranger; D1312 November Word Puzzle by CTMH; Orange Say it With Bling by Want 2 Scrap; Green cardstock - unknown

I hope everyone has a very Happy Thanksgiving and tell those that mean the most to you that you are grateful for them in your life.  Let them know; just don't let them assume it.

Thanks for stopping by and see ya next time!  Be creative!
Mel

No comments: