Thursday, May 16, 2013

Working on the assembly line









This is my output yesterday!  I worked the assembly line, card making style.  I was able to make 38 patriotic cards to send to the troops in about 5 hours.  Making an assembly line was definitely the way to go and it seemed like it went pretty fast for the amount of cards I made.  I was in the zone!

I used a bunch of hoarded materials and I'm all about that!  The brads I had forever and got rid of the whole baggie I had!  All the stamped images were from one set of CTMH stamps.  I started by putting the background strips together.  Then I stamped the images.  If I was using glitter glue, I added it now.  While the glue was drying, I adhered the background strips to the card bases (that was premade).  Then put everything together.  Easy peasy!

Materials used:  D1458 American Celebration by CTMH, Chipped Sapphire and Barn Door Tim Holtz Distress Ink by Ranger, Frosted Lace and True Blue Stickles by Ranger, Red glitter glue by Studio g (Hampton Arts), Brads Spare Parts by Paper Studio, 1" circle punch by EK Success, Versamark pad, Red Zing embossing powder by American Crafts and Doilies - Cardstock - Texture folders by unknown.

Hope you enjoy!

See you next time and happy creating!
Mel


3 comments:

Pat said...

I love it when a plan comes together. I have to get more organized before I can "line up" the "assembly". Great tip, thanks!

Linda W. said...

Soon as i can get my craft room supplies out of storage, I'm doing assembly line style - you hooked me Mel! We've been so busy between remodelling and putting in the gardens I just flop in bed and fall asleep instantly. My mojo will come back tho soon. Beautiful work gf!

Cindy H. said...

WOWZA You are a True Scrapaholic!!! Great looking cards and a Wonderful idea for the rest of us!!!
Thanks for sharing.