Saturday, May 11, 2013

Flowers for Mother's Day

Flowers for Mother'sDay!  What could be better?  My siblings and I always get my mother either plants or something for her garden.  This year we bought her two big ceramic pots with fleur de lis on them.  She saw them at the little shop and town and loved them.  She is going to be so surprised.

This card was made for my mother-in-law for Mother's Day.  I know she will love it because of the tea cup and roses!  I love the monotone yellow color.  My iPhone isn't the greatest for taking pictures.  There is some glitter on the edges of the yellow roses that really pop!  For the life of me, I can't find my camera.  It's driving me crazy!

I'm entering this card in the ScrapbookPlace challenge blog for May.  The theme for this challenge is "May Flowers" and it runs from May 1st to May 14th at which time a winner will be chosen by Random.org and the winner will be posted here on the blog.  I think I've got the theme covered - flowers in the image, flowered background paper and fabric flowers as embellishments.  Done and done!

Materials used:  Copics: Y000 Y19 Y17 Y15 Y13YG03 YG17 R20 R22 V06 Y11, Tea for Two paper by Cosmo Cricket, Mustard Seed Tim Holtz Distress Ink by Ranger, gem brads by Oriental Trading, flowers by Bazzill, pearls by CTMH and Lemon Spica pen by Atyou.

I wish everyone a very Happy Mother's Day!  I hope you enjoy the card.

See you next time and happy creating!
Mel 

No comments: