Saturday, April 28, 2012

Tea for two for Mother's Day

What do you do special for Mother's Day?  Does your kids spoil you?  Does hubby send you flowers?  My sister and I (and our families) always get together and either take her out to eat or have a BBQ (or crawfish boil.)  She enjoys being with family and we love her so much!

This is a card for Squigglefly's challenge #16 -  SFC1612 Mother's Day.  I've used Tea Roses by artist, Marla Shega from Squigglefly's store.  I though that image was perfect for a Mother's Day card.

Here's what I used:
Copics - YR00 YR02 YR24 R24 R22 R14 R17 G21 BG11 BG32 BG34
Labels Eight Nestibilities - Spellbinders
Pearls - E line by Prima
Ribbon, paper (Key to My Heart), black distressing ink - CTMH
Flower - unknown (someone at ScrapbookPlace made this for me!)
D1283 Say it in Style - CTMH

Thanks for stopping by!
Mel

4 comments:

Sue in CT said...

Beautiful card! I had to laugh at the crawfish comment. I never ate one because I never figured out how. My son was stationed in LA and he told me so when I was at a buffet that had them I tried one. I thought they would taste like lobster or crab....oh my, I was wrong. Either this place don't know how to cook them or you need to aquire a taste for them.

Charlene Mitchell said...

This is a perfect Mother's Day image! Very pretty card. Thanks for playing along at Squigglefly this week!

Holly Young said...

Such a pretty card Melissa. I love the colors and your combination of pretty papers. That flower is especially pretty! Thanks for playing in Squigglefly's challenge!

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

So pretty and just perfect for Mother's day!