Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Throw me somethin', mista'




I guess if you aren't from Louisiana or have never been to Mardi Gras you have no idea what my header means. When the parades pass for Mardi Gras, you yell, " throw me somethin' mista!" Then the riders on the floats throw out goodies! I miss living in the New Orleans suburbs where the parades would pass close by.

So when I saw that Doodle Dragon Studio (the awesome Dustin Pike) had some Mardi Gras designs last year, I was one happy chic!!! Here is Dudley in his regal Mardi Gras finest!

Dudley is being submitted in the Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Sketch Challenge Blog (http://sweetstopsketches.blogspot.com)%20and/ Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Digi Challenge Blog (http://sweetnsassydigis.blogspot.com/).

Here is what I used:
Image (Doodle Dragon Studio - http://www.doodledragonstudios.com/)
White Daisy cardstock (CTMH)
Black/green/purple/yellow cardstock and embossing folders (unknown)
D1303 Classmate Alphabet My Acrylix stamp set (CTMH)
Gold and Green Stickles (Ranger)
Grape Designer Series Suze Weinberg Glitz Stickles (Ranger)
Double sided adhesive and foam pop dots (unknown)
Rhinestone brands (Oriental Trading)
Copics - Y17 Y38 V15 V09 V000 YG05 YG09

Now that the Valentine rush is through, I can work on more challenges! Yay!

Check back soon for another creation.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Mel

6 comments:

Allie Gower said...

Super cute, makes me want some King cake!

Pammie said...

He is too cute Mel... Good Luck

Shelby Goolsby said...

What a fun card!! Makes me smile and want to party. Thanks for joining us at The Sweet Stop.

Diane said...

Love the card!!

Shannon White said...

Oh this is soo Adorable and Fun! Love your Darling image! He is definitely ready for Mardi Gras! I have never been and have always wanted to go.., Sigh... Someday.. lol 8-) So glad you could play along with us at The Sweet Stop! 8-)

Teresa said...

ROFL...how stinkin cute is that!! Love it!!
Great job with the card! Hugs,T