Thursday, January 19, 2012

Dream

I saw this cute little vintage girl and just knew I wanted to color her!!! She is from Pamela at http://freevintagedigistamps.blogspot.com/. All of her vintage images are free to download and they are soooooo awesome! Vintage has become my new obsession.

This is for the ScrapbookPlace blog (http://yourscrapbookplace.blogspot.com/)challenge for January - tearing. The object of the blog is to get you out of your crafting block and do something a little different. When I started paper crafting, tearing was my ultimate fave! It got put aside along the way but it's baaaaack!

This image reminds me of a dress I had when I was younger. It was a Winnie the Pooh dress sorta made the same way. My mom would even put the knee high socks with the black patent leather shoes. Can I tell you I hated that dress and hate Winnie the Pooh to this day because of it!

Here's what I used:
Sophia paper (CTMH)
Leaf/Blush cardstock (CTMH)
Image (http://freevintagedigistamps.blogspot.com/)
Victorian Velvet/Spun Sugar Tim Holtz Distressing Ink (Ranger)
"DREAM" (K&Co)
Ribbon Roses, foam pop dots, double sided adhesive (stash)
Pink Pearls (Kaiser Scrapbook)
Curved Rectangles Nestabilities (Spellbinders)
Copics - E15 E11 W7 R20 R00 YG17 RV11 YG03 YG13 RV34

Alrighty, I'm off to work on some blog challenges. Stop by tomorrow for another creation!

Thanks for stopping by,
Mel

6 comments:

Allie Gower said...

what a cute card, thanks for the link, I'd love to download that cutie and make a vintage valentine

Stampindamour said...

Hi Melissa - Oh, I just LOVE this darling card! You did a fabulous job! Love the color combination you used - pink and green is a fave!

Posted on FVDS Facebook now. xo

-pamela :)

Anonymous said...

Pink and green are my faveorite color combo! The little girl couldn't be any cuter!! Sweet card
nancy d

Anonymous said...

So very pretty If I received a card like this I would frame it.

Pammie

Linda W. said...

Such a sweetie - beautiful job Mel! Thx for the link too - I'd love to try it!

Pat said...

Love the way you "tore" into your paper!! Great card, Mel!